Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Quiet House

I feel a bit awkward blogging after four months off!  But, here I am again; we are all alive and well.  Today the dog and I are alone in the house. The kids are with their grandparents for the whole week so Kevin and I can tackle some of our many house projects and have a little break.

So far I've actually found it hard to relax.  My brain keeps saying, "This is your chance.  You'd better get some projects knocked off your list or it may be MONTHS before you can pick that paintbrush up again!"  I'm hoping to work this morning and then take a break this afternoon to meet a friend for coffee.

This has already been a much-needed time of not only work, but of time with Kevin and time for me to refocus and reflect.  Kevin and I have gotten through the first few chapters of Tim Keller's The Meaning of Marriage, which is the best book on marriage I have ever read--and I've read quite a few! I highly recommend reading it with your spouse.

Here are some pictures of the family, and I think I can find a 'before' and 'in process' picture of the bathroom.  I love looking at before and after pics!

So, I'm back.  I'm going to try to begin blogging again, with a modest goal of once a week.  I'm off now to find my paint clothes and brush!

***Still working on those before and after photos, but here are some of the kids from last month.





>

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about that... I'll work on a fix tonight when I get home from work.

Dana said...

Good to hear from you, Candice!

Jenia said...

So glad to see you back but who am I to talk :)